Happy Holidays guys and welcome back to my channel! Today’s video is a very special one with a very special guest. I collaborated with one of the leading makeup artists in the UK, Imelda of BeautyBoudoir. she has worked with the likes of TV Mogul Mo Abudu, Pastor Brian Houston of Hillsong, Actress Joselyn Dumas, Omotola Jalade and Artist Emmanyra to name a few.
In this video Imelda shows you how to create a fresh bridal make up look, I then go on to interview her on how she started her makeup journey, what inspires her to create a certain look on her brides, bridal skin prep, different looks for brides on the day, how to stay looking flawless all day and when & how to book a makeup artist.
I learnt a lot from Imelda on bridal makeup and I am sure you will do to, here are some really inspirational responses from Imelda
– Imelda started makeup as a result of being born into a family of 2 sisters, alot of female cousins as a result she started playing with makeup and loved it
– Her personal makeup style is fresh and minimal. Imelda believes as women we are all fearfully and wonderfully made and we should embrace our features
– Imelda gets inspiration when she meets her client, from their skin tone to their face shape
– She says bridal skin care prep starts from the minute you get that ring on your finger
– She advices to drink a at least a gallon of water everyday and eat right for your skin, she also recommends green tea for anti oxidants which are great for your skin
– She says in life your foundation needs to be set, in makeup this is your primer, so you need to find the right primer for your skin type
– Imelda believes you need to have enough makeup on your wedding day to come out in pictures and to achieve this you need to make sure your skin is right. She says you need to look like a walking airbrush picture
– She advices for you to eat the right foods so you can fit into the right dress and not have to settle for just any dress
– To pick the RIGHT makeup artist, Imelda recommends that you know what you want, when you know this you can easily narrow down and choose the right makeup artist who will help you achieve the look you want
– Advice to brides – Imelda advices that you enjoy your day, everything will not go as planned but it will go according to God’s plan.
– Advice to upcoming makeup artist – Imelda says you need to be patient because you will encounter moments and people that will frustrate you but you need to remain patient